Appreciating the Value of Music Education
from the Elementary Classroom Teacher Resource Index
Music appeals to our senses and draws out interaction. Music excites us, soothes us, and brings us joy. The goal of music education should be to stimulate an aesthetic experience in the learner by introducing a variety of styles that bring about an understanding of music.
- Music builds strong thinkers as students compare and contrast, problem solve, analyze, create and evaluate.
- Music becomes history as students see the relationship an earlier time had with music.
- Music becomes culture as students define the differences in the music of many countries and races of our world.
- Music becomes math as students understand the organization of sound.
- Music becomes art as students discover the color, texture and composition of a piece of music.
- Music becomes dance as one seeks to understand the range of expressive qualities of music through movement.
- Music education includes a broad scope of experiences to build up the whole child.
Congratulations parents for supporting music in your school!
Sign up to receive the MakingMusicFun.net Newsletter so you don't miss a thing!